302 PRO HYA PLUS USAGE
302 PRO HYA +: Introduction
This product contains a high content of sodium hyaluronate with an added skin surface smoothing peptide.
This a companion active, excellent in combination with primary actives. It can be a standalone active for those who want skin activity with a small “a.”
The caveat with PRO HYA + (and any skincare product with sodium hyaluronate), is that it can be a stealth inflammatory ingredient for some people. Our experience is that about 30% of end users of sodium hyaluronate will develop a clinical or subclinical (as in not visible) inflammatory response that accumulates over time and sensitizes the skin, more especially with daily usage.
The subclinical sensitivity can erupt to a very visible rosacea like condition when the skin becomes further stressed by elevated histamine levels from pollen, fragrances, exfoliants, and really about anything that pushes the skin over the threshold. This can often generate confusion as to cause, while the culprit – sodium hyaluronate – goes about its mischief and assumed not guilty.
We recommend an evening application up to three times 3x per week. If combined with a primary active, they both should be limited to twice (2x) per week. That frequency of use generally will keep more than 90% of you in the safe zone.
An excellent companion to PRO HYA + is CERAMIDE SERUM. These two actives can be used twice (2x) per week each if both are in play (observe and adjust). Add to that our EYE FIRMING SERUM twice (2x) per week and you have a complete regimen for reversing the visible signs of aging.
As always, observe and adjust.
Best Use: MOISTURIZING, SURFACE SMOOTHING
- Apply PRO HYA + three times per week, evenings.
- Have two and preferably three cleansers in play: REVIVE, FACE & BODY BAR and 302 CLEANSER will provide excellent skin tone and efficient cleansing.
- Limit moisturizers to daytime use, and limit overall use.
- Introduce a second active – CERAMIDE SERUM is highly recommended if a second active is desired. Apply on alternate evenings, but wait two weeks before introducing.
- Use of ANY other 302 active, such as 302 Drops, or A 1.0 DROPS or C 12.5 DROPS works well, too.
- Using these products in combination with PRO HYA + should be limited to 2x per week or less and PRO HYA + also reduced to 2x per week..
- If PRO HYA + use is up to three times (3x) per week (evenings best) and is your only active, then use of moisturizers such as SENSITIVE MOISTURIZER, LIGHT MOISTURIZER, BALANCE MOISTURIZER or INTENSIVE MOISTURIZER are fine on other days, and during the day, for best results. Avoid unthinking daily rituals of moisturizers. Observe and adjust. Be aware. Moisturizers can weaken the skin and subtract the systemic moisturizing you have cultivated with visible success using actives like PRO HYA +.
For your skin if these conditions exist:
- Light makeup usage
- Visibly stable
- Infrequent to no exfoliation
- Occasional moisturizer usage
- Visible results desired with low risk
Not for your skin if these conditions exist:
- Heavy makeup usage
- Heavy moisturizer usage
- Continuing (or intended co-administration) of acid exfoliators and benzoyl peroxide
- Unusual oral medications causing skin instability (i.e. chemo, cortisones, thyroid meds)
Recommended frequency of use:
- Three times (3x) per week, evenings (observe and adjust)
(Note: two or three cleansers are recommended to be cycled through per week for best skin results)
- Any 302 Skincare Cleanser or FACE & BODY BAR
- REVIVE (highly recommended)
Additional actives while using PRO HYA +:
- ANY 302 Active
Additional leave-ons acceptable:
- 302 Moisturizers
- CALMING MIST anytime
- REVIVE, anytime
- Heavy makeup